Giovanni 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
Release Notes for the 220.127.116.11 Giovanni software promotion
Fetcher Re-engineering (for gridded data products)
The re-engineered data fetcher has several new capabilities, including
- handles more data formats;
- fetches data via more data accessing methods;
- is better modularized for easily debugging; and
- includes better plug-in capability for handling new data formats and data accessing methods.
The new fetcher now has two service steps, including:
- Giovanni-3 database (DB) search
- Get data: capable of fetching data through the following data access methods:
- OTF (call DISC subsetter)
- Current build-in data handler:
- Simple binary
- GRIB (through OPeNDAP)
- G3Data (data processing)
- Latitude orientation
- Dimension order
- 0-360° data handling
- Setting fill value
- Special/fake dimension handling (such as for TRMM)
- Irregular dimension handling
- Improved file name convention
- Improved cache directory structure (added date as subdirectory)
New Instances and Improvements to Existing Instances
1. New datasets added to Giovanni TOVAS:
2. Improved AIRS Instances
The parameter “CH4 volume mixing ratio_ascending (CH4_VMR_eff_D)” has been fixed and is now added to these instances.
3. Improved Aerosol Instances:
GOCART V006 products were added to these instances. GOCART data is now available through 12/31/2007; the previous version ended on 12/31/2006.
4. Improved NEESPI Instance
Turned atrain lineage page on.