GIOVANNI 126.96.36.199 RELEASE NOTES
June 23, 2008
New Instances:Air Quality, MISR Monthly L3, Aerosol Daily/Monthly Intercomparison
- New Hostname: Please note that all Giovanni instances have changed hostnames from disc1.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov to gdata1.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov. Users are advised to update any bookmarks of Giovanni instances. The old hostnames wil automatically be redirected to the new ones.
- New Parameters
- EPA AIRNOW PM2.5 concentrations (see Air Quality instance)
- MISR monthly 0.5°x0.5° gridded aerosol optical depth at 550 nm (data provided courtesy of the Langley Data Center)
- Parameter Specific Preferences:
Users are now able to refine output images for each individual image when there are multiple parameters on the results page. Parameter specific preferences are available for following services:
- Lat-Lon Maps
- Lat-Lon Maps Overlay
- Hovmoller Plots
- Curtain Plot
- Cross Section Plots (Lat-Pressure, Lon-Pressure, Time-Pressure)
- Vertical Profiles
- A-Train instance services
Data Download Improvements:
- Implemented batch download. Users can now download multiple files in a single tar file.
- ASCII output is available for multi parameters.
- Added Support for upcoming MERRA Model Data:
MERRA model grid support has been added to Giovanni. A new MERRA instance will be added to Giovanni as soon as the MERRA data have been archived and made public.
- Various bug fixes:
- Enchanced KMZ output for A-Train instance
- Regrid service now correctly defaults to coarsest resolution
- Fixed data format issues for data with large values in OMI.
- Error in Lat-Lon Map Overlay plot after customized min/max features
- Improvements to Lat-Lon Map Animations when there are fill data.
- Improvements to AIRS 3D vertical services
- Added new data filtering and masking support for OMI L2G
- Various browser support enhancements.
Instance Specific Changes
Aerosol Daily/Monthly Intercomparison
MISR Monthly L3