The Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) is pleased to announce the release of an updated data set from the "Consistent Long-Term Aerosol Data Records over Land and Ocean from SeaWiFS" project headed by Christina Hsu at NASA/GSFC. These data records represent the latest release from the NASA Making Earth Science Data Records for Use in Research Environments (MEaSUREs) Program.
This latest data set version, v003, represents a significant improvement over the previous version; it is recommended that all users upgrade as soon as possible. v003 includes the following improvements:
- Improved surface characterization of barren areas in Australia and South America;
- Improved cloud screening scheme for distinguishing thick haze from clouds;
- Improved coverage of the northern Arabian Peninsula;
- Improved detection and removal of turbid water and sea ice;
- An updated solar spectrum over the ocean.
- A correction to the error causing underestimation of surface reflectivity; and
- Added or corrected global and data metadata attributes.
Two additional monthly Level 3 gridded products have been added at both 0.5 degree and 1.0 degree resolution. Level 2 swath products and daily Level 3 gridded products are also available.
Please view the revised README documentation for further information on the products, contact information, and data access and analysis tools.
The Data and documentation are available at
MEaSUREs: Consistent Long-Term Aerosol Data Records over Land and Ocean from SeaWIFS
The GES DISC DUST Portal