The March 2015 issue of The Giovanni News is online
Issue features six interesting journal papers from the latter half of 2014
Labeled MODIS image of the "Christmas Storm" of 2013. Dr. Mark Jury used Giovanni in his analysis of this storm, which caused flooding on several islands.
The March 2015 issue of The Giovanni News is now available online.
This issue features summaries of six interesting journal papers appearing in print or online in the latter half of 2014. The six summarized papers are:
- Zhang, Y., Smith, J., Luo, L., Wang, Z., and Baeck, M. (2015) Urbanization and rainfall variability in the Beijing metropolitan region. Journal of Hydrometeorology, doi:10.1175/JHM-D-13-0180.1, in press.
- Giesecke, R., Clement, A., Garces-Vargas, J., Mardones, J.I., Gonzalez, H.E., Caputo, L., and Castro, L. (2014) Massive salp outbreaks in the inner sea of Chiloé Island (Southern Chile): possible causes and ecological consequences. Latin American Journal of Aquatic Research, 42(3), 604-621, doi:103856/vol42-issue3-fulltext-18.
- Creamean, J. M., Spackman, J.R., Davis, S.M., and White, A.B. (2014) Climatology of long-range transported Asian dust along the West Coast of the United States. Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, 119, doi:10.1002/2014JD021694.
- Moreno-Madrinan, M.J., Crosson, W.L., Eisen, L., Estes, S.M., Estes Jr., M.G., Hayden, M., Hemmings, S.N., Irwin, D.E., Lozano-Fuentes, S., Monaghan, A.J., Quattrochi, D., Welsh-Rodriguez, C.M., and Zielinski-Gutierrez, E. (2014) Correlating remote sensing data with the abundance of pupae of the dengue virus mosquito vector, Aedes aegypti, in central Mexico. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Informatics, 3(2), 732-749, doi:10.3390/ijgi3020732.
- Jury, M.R. (2014) Weather-climate interactions in the eastern Antilles and the 2013 Christmas storm. Earth Interactions, e-View, doi:10.1175/EI-D-14-0011.1.
- Long, J., Hu, C., and Robbins, L. (2014) Whiting events in SW Florida coastal waters: a case study using MODIS medium-resolution data. Remote Sensing Letters, 5(6), 539-547, doi:10.1080/2150704X.2014.933275.
Read the March 2015 issue of The Giovanni News (PDF).
The full list of papers published in 2014 that employed Giovanni in the course of research can be found here.
Five other papers of note published in the latter half of 2014 were briefly summarized in this news article: "226 scientific publications citing the Giovanni system were counted in 2014".
Questions or comments? Email the NASA GES DISC Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org