The May issue of The Giovanni News, which features articles about different aspects of the NASA Giovanni data analysis system, is now available online as a PDF document. This issue features articles on several topics of interest, including:
- the Year of Tropical Convection (YOTC) Giovanni, which allows users to preview the next generation (Giovanni-4) architecture;
- early returns on 2011 publications, which are appearing at a rate of 10 per month;
- updates to Ocean Color Radiometry data products, including chlorophyll fluorescence;
- an introduction to the Data-enhanced Investigations for Climate Change Education (DICCE) project;
- an examination of coffee agriculture in Guatemala and the potential influence of climate change;
- more videos of Giovanni-based sea surface temperature models set to music;
- a look at the precipitation associated with flooding and tornadoes in the United States in April 2011; and
- how Giovanni and other tools available at the NASA Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) are helping to bridge the gap between NASA hydrological data and the geospatial information community.
Read the May 2011 issue of The Giovanni News here (PDF)
How to subscribe to The Giovanni News mailing list (subscribers get the issue by email before it is available online):
Create an email with the email address "email@example.com."
Put anything you want in the "Subject:" line or leave blank.
For the body of the message, type "Subscribe giovanni-news" and nothing else.
Send the message. You will receive an automatically-generated message confirming your subscription.