The June 2012 issue of The Giovanni News newsletter is now available online from the Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC). The newsletter can be downloaded as a PDF document. The nine-page issue has seven articles on the following topics:
· A brief biographical tribute to Gregory L. Leptoukh
· Description of the research conducted by Jamaica's Donovan Campbell, described in the 2011 Sensing Our Planet annual
· An introduction to the first Giovanni-4 data portal, Aerostat
· Summaries of some of the research papers that were part of the record number of Giovanni publications in 2011
· New long-term aerosol data products, the SeaWiFS Deep Blue aerosol data
· Description and examples of new high spatial resolution land surface data added to Giovanni
· Announcement: The Gregory L. Leptoukh Online Giovanni Workshop
Subscribe to the giovanni-news email mailing list for news about Giovanni development and related scientific and educational topics delivered in newsletters, approximately quarterly.
There are 2 ways to be subscribed to giovanni-news :
The Giovanni News is written and edited by James Acker and Wainie Youn. Online article by James Acker.
The GES DISC is a NASA earth science data center, part of the NASA Earth Science Data and Information System (ESDIS) Project.
Questions and comments? Email the NASA GES DISC Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org