Image of Ozone Measuring Instrument (OMI) nitrogen dioxide (NO2) data averaged over June 20-21, 2013, showing high NO2 from two wildfires in Colorado.
The Giovanni News newsletter, now in its sixth volume, is converting to a monthly format. The new shorter monthly format will now regularly feature articles about recently published research that used Giovanni; updates on the development of Giovanni-4; summaries of presentations about Giovanni; and an interesting data map or plot. Other features will appear as events and news warrant publication.
The July 2013 issue inaugurates the new monthly format. In this issue:
- June Research Highlight: Remote Sensing Analysis of Lake Dynamics in Semi-Arid Regions: Implication for Water Resource Management. Lake Manyara, East African Rift, Northern Tanzania
- Recent Giovanni Presentations: DUST Project Workshop
- Giovanni-4 Development Update
- Giovanni Image of the Month – Fires in Colorado
Giovanni is a Web-based application developed by the NASA Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) that provides a simple and intuitive way to visualize, analyze, and access vast amounts of Earth science remote sensing data without having to download the data. Giovanni is an acronym for the Geospatial Interactive Online Visualization ANd aNalysis Infrastructure.
Subscribers to The Giovanni News mailing list (giovanni-news) will receive the newsletter several days before it is posted online.
There are 2 ways to be subscribed to giovanni-news :
- Send an email message (the content doesn't matter) to email@example.com, and reply to the confirmation message.
- Or you can email the list owner (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask to be subscribed.
Questions or comments? Email the NASA GES DISC Help Desk: email@example.com