Permanent resident of Isla Magueyes, Puerto Rico, where Giovanni was demonstrated to Mexican and Puerto Rico teachers this past summer
The Fall 2011 issue of The Giovanni News newsletter is now available online from the Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC). The newsletter can be downloaded as a PDF document. The five-page issue has eight articles on the following topics:
- The new Giovanni home page, with an improved table of data portals and the Giovanni Parameter List;
- The use of Giovanni to investigate eruptions of hydrogen sulfide from the seafloor off the coast of Namibia;
- The return of ocean color radiometry data with 8-day temporal resolution to Giovanni;
- Updated Giovanni publication list, which added 35 research publications in early autumn 2011;
- A portrait of the intense summer heat wave in the southwest and central Plains of the United States, using data from the Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) instrument on the Aqua satellite;
- Selected tweets from the @nasa_giovanni Twitter feed;
- Presentation of Giovanni to Mexican and Puerto Rican teachers in La Parguera, Puerto Rico; and
- Images of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) from fires depicted with data from the Ozone Measuring Instrument (OMI) on the Aura satellite.
Read the Fall 2011 issue of The Giovanni News here (PDF).
Subscribe to the giovanni-news email mailing list for news about Giovanni development and related scientific and educational topics delivered in newsletters, approximately quarterly.
There are 2 ways to be subscribed to giovanni-news :