The 2011 AGU Fall Meeting is in full swing in San Francisco, and already several presentations from the NASA Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) have been given. However, there are several more to go this week, and the special December issue of The Giovanni News newsletter is now online with summaries of all the presentations from GES DISC staff members.
In the issue, presentations that involve Giovanni are highlighted. The titles of these presentations are given below.
- NASA Giovanni Portals for NLDAS/GLDAS Online Visualization, Analysis, and Intercomparison
- Reusable Social Networking Capabilities for an Earth Science Collaboratory
- Accessing Recent Trend of Land Surface Temperature from Satellite Observations
- Facilitating NASA Earth Science Data Processing Using Nebula Cloud Computing
- Newly Released TRMM Version 7 Products, GPCP Version 2.2 Precipitation Dataset and Data Services at NASA GES DISC
- AeroStat: NASA Giovanni Tool for Statistical Intercomparison of Aerosols
- Global Deep Blue Aerosol climatology from SeaWiFS in comparison to MODIS: Evaluation, Variability and Applications
- MODIS Aerosol Optical Depth Bias Adjustment using Machine Learning Algorithms
Also in this issue, the results of the most recent count of research publications utilizing Giovanni are described. One of the interesting publications highlighted in this article is the work of Pooja Rani from Meerut College, India, and his colleagues at the India Meteorological Department. Rani's group analyzed thunder events that occur prior to the start of the monsoon precipitation season over India, which are related to the dust and moisture content of the atmosphere.
Special December 2011 Issue of the Giovanni News
All of the Giovanni News newsletters are provided online here:
The Giovanni News NEWSLETTER