ACOS version 3.3 global CO2 concentrations for 2010, after advanced quality screening, and bias correction, have been applied
The Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2) Team and the Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center (GES DISC) are pleased to announce the availability of Atmospheric CO2 Observations from Space (ACOS) Version 3.3 Level 2 data.
The ACOS task is utilizing calibrated Level 1B radiances from the Thermal And Near infrared Sensor for carbon Observations - Fourier Transform Spectrometer (TANSO-FTS) sensor onboard Japan’s Global Greenhouse Observation by Satellite (GOSAT) satellite.
The improvements significantly affecting the retrieval results are listed below:
- Updated spectroscopy – ABSCO Coefficients V4.1.1;
- Residual Fitting of First EOF (per band) replaces empirical noise;
- Reduced aerosol optical depth a priori value to 0.05;
- Significantly tightened surface pressure constraints, ±1 hectoPascal (roughly equal weight between data & prior);
- Fit explicitly for fluorescence over land from O2 A band; and
- Utilize a consistent L1B data version (v150151).
More information on the new ACOS Version 3.3 data is available in the User's Guide:
Data access methods:
Questions or comments? Email the NASA GES DISC Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org