September 2, 2004
1. Station Naming Refactoring - Many of the station names of changed and these name changes are
reflected in what you see in the S4PM Monitor (another change from
Tkstat). The old and new station names are shown below:
|Old Station Name
||New Station Name
||New Station Directory
||Register Local Data
2. Tool Name Refactoring - In addition to station name changes, some of the tool names have
changed as well:
(a) Smart Alloc is now referred to as View Disk and
Allocation Usage, available from right clicking on the
Allocate Disk station button. The old script
tk_smart_alloc.pl is now s4pm_tk_disk_alloc.pl.
(b) Clean Data is now referred to as Delete Data available
from right clicking on the Track Data station button. The
old script tk_clean_data.pl is now s4pm_tk_delete_data.pl.
(c) Modify Max Children is now referred to as Modify Max
Jobs available from the main S4PM Monitor window. The
script tk_max_children.pl has been changed to
(d) PGE Info is now referred to as Algorithm Info available
from the main S4PM Monitor window. The old script
tk_pgeinfo.pl is now s4pm_tk_algorithm_info.pl.
(e) S4PM Admin Tool is still referred to by the same name. But
the underlying script name has been changed from
tkS4PMadmin.pl to s4pm_tk_admin.pl. The tkS4PMadmin.pl
binary has been removed so that it cannot be accidently run.
3. Script Name Refactoring - Most of the station script file names have changed as well. See
Detailed File Changes section below. The general approach
to the name changes has been:
(a) Prepend 's4pm_' to the script name.
(b) Have the script name match the station directory name
(except for the 's4pm_' part.
(c) For example: The Track Data station is mapped to directory
track_data whose main script is s4pm_track_data.pl.
4. Configuration File Refactoring - Most of the station configuration files have been changed as well:
allocdisk.cfg to s4pm_allocate_disk.cfg, allocdisk.db to
5. New Stringmaster and Stringmasterall Scripts - The stringmaster.pl and stringmasterall.pl scripts have been replaced by
s4pm_stringmaster.pl and s4pm_stringmasterall.pl, respectively.
The old scripts have been removed so that they cannot be
6. New Restart All Failed Jobs Feature - All stations have the added Restart All Failed Jobs interface
which is available by right clicking on a station button or by
bringing up tkjob on a station. Selecting this option will restart
all the failed jobs in that station and remove the old, failed
jobs. This is to address Trouble Ticket 11130.
7. Change to Request Data Interface Name - Under Request Data, the interface Request Data has been changed
to Compose Data Request. This is available by right-clicking on
the station button or via the tkjob window.
8. Compose Single File Request Added to Pull-Down Menu - Also under Request Data, the interface Compose Single File
Request has been added. This tool has always been available, but
now is available via a right-click on the station button or via
the tkjob window.
Detailed File Changes
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_delete_expired_data.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_delete_expired_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_compose_request.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_compose_request.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_register_data.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_register_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_bootstrap_dprep.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_export.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_failed_find_data_handler.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_failed_pge_handler.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_failed_pge_handler.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_track_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_l0.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_nise_check.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_algorithm_stats.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_preselect_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_purge_bad_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_receive_dn.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_receive_pan.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_receive_pan.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_regular_block.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_regular_block.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4p_repeat_work_order.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_request_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_reseq_l0_files.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_resubmit_pdr.cfg.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_resubmit_pdr.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_resubmit_data_request.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_rollup_rusage.pl.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_run_DCLI.ksh.
- REMOVED. Replaced by s4pm_run_algorithm.pl.
- New name for repeat_work_order.pl.
- New name for add_runtime_GdMODL1B.pl.
- New name for add_runtime_GdMOL3SS.pl.
- New name for airs_L0_check.cfg.
- New name for airs_L0_check.pl.
- New name for pge_stats.pl.
- Modified to use the %proxy_esdt_map hash.
- New name for allocdisk.cfg.
- New name for allocdisk_pool.cfg.
- New name for attitude_check.pl.
- New name for dn_insert.pl.
- New name for compose_request.cfg.
- New name for compose_request.pl.
- New name for clean_expired_data.cfg.
Modified all station names to be more generic and correspond
to the new names of the station scripts.
Modified for the new names of station scripts and
Added job to Repeat Daily in on-demand processing strings to
clean out PSPEC files from the INPUT data directory after 4
Minor fix so that all Run Algorithm stations (/e.g./ Run
Algorithm71) have the *QC Continuefailure handler.
Modified so that in on-demand processing strings, the logs
from Request Data go into the ARCHIVE/REQUESTS directory
(similar to what happens in standard processing strings).
Added $cfg_ignore_duplicates to the Track Requests station.
Added s4pm_tk_compose_single_request.pl to what is available
from Request Data's interfaces.
Added s4pm_tk_trmon.pl to the %cfg_interfaces hash for the
Track Requests station.
Modified to use the new string-specific parameters $make_ph
Modified the Split Services portion for the new
Modified to add $cfg_host to the Insert Datapool station,
setting this variable to 'g0dps01'.
New name for export.pl.
Added capability to split incoming workorder into multiple
PDRs based on data type or user defined criteria associated
with data type (see $pdr->split( $attribute) in S4P::PDR.pm.
The polling directory to where output PDRs are directed can
be specified using the (-d) option to maintain backward
compatibility with previous versions of S4PM or by using an
export configuration file (-c) that contains the criteria on
which the input work order will be split along with the
polling directory(s) to where the output PDRs will be directed.
If DEFAULT is listed as the splitting criteria in the
s4pm_export.cfg file, then output PDRs will appear unchanged
from previous versions of S4PM
(originating_system.jobid.PDR). If any other criteria used
to split the work order (/e.g./ DP) then this string will be
appended to the originating system in the PDR name.
Note: Either a default directory (-d) for outgoing PDRs must
be specifed or an export configuration file (-c) can be
used, but not both.
- New name for failed_granfind_handler.pl.
- New name for failedPGE_handler.cfg.
- New name for failedPGE_handler.pl.
- New name for s4pm_nonecs_dp_insert.pl.
- New name for nise_check.pl.
- New name for s4pm_insert_datapool.pl.
- New name for trigger_pge.cfg.
- New name for trigger_pge.pl.
- New name for purge_bad_data.pl.
- New name for receiveDN.pl.
- New name for receivePAN.cfg.
- New name for receivePAN.pl.
- New name for data_catcher.pl.
- New name for data_catcher.cfg.
- New name for regular_block.cfg.
- New name for regular_block.pl.
- New name for request_data.pl.
- New name for reseq_l0_files.pl.
- New name for resubmit_PDR.cfg.
- New name for resubmit_PDR.pl.
- New name for resubmit_request.pl.
- New name for rollup_rusage.pl.
- New name for run_DCLI.ksh.
- New name for specify_data.cfg.
- New name for specify_data.pl.
- New name for ship_data.cfg.
- New name for ship_data.pl.
- New name for show_pge.pl.
- New name for split_services.pl.
- Modified all station names to be more generic and correspond
to the new names of the station scripts.
Modified for the new names of station scripts and
Modified so that the priority in the ACQParmfile in
On-Demand processing would be HIGH rather than VHIGH.
Added environment variable PERLLIB to list of variables
defined in the Run Algorithm station. PERL_LIB is already
- New name for stringmaster.pl.
- Modified for new name of Allocate Disk database file and
some station names.
- New name for subnot2request.pl.
- New name for tkS4PMadmin.pl.
- Modified for new names of station directories.
- New name for tk_pgeinfo.pl.
- New name for tk_clean_data.pl.
New name for tkcompreq.pl.
In GUI, changed 'ESDT' to 'Data Type'. Also, added window
New name for tk_smart_alloc.pl.
Changed 'Grans' to 'Files' as the latter is more generic.
Changed name appearing in title bar to *View Disk Allocation
and Usagefrom Smart Alloc.
- New name for tk_max_children.pl.
- New name for tk_modify_pcf.pl.
- New name for tk_pwbox.pl.
- New name for grancentral.pl.
- New name for track_requests.cfg.
- Updated default email address.
- New name for track_requests.pl.
- Minor fix for failures when the job ID was 0.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_ship_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_show_pge.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_select_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_split_services.cfg.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_split_services.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_stringmaster.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_sub_notify.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_delete_data.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_compose_request.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_max_children.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_modify_pcf.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_algorithm_info.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_pwbox.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_compose_single_request.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_admin.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_tk_disk_alloc.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_track_requests.cfg.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_track_requests.pl.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_prepare_run.cfg.
- REMOVED. Relaced by s4pm_prepare_run.pl.