S4PM 5.2.0 RELEASE NOTES
April 21, 2004
- New Directory Name for Granule Find Station - The directory name of the granfind station has changed to
find_data. The name as it appears in the GUI is still 'Granule
Find', but this will change in the very near future to: Find Data.
- Full Support for On-Demand Processing - There should now be full support for on-demand processing and the
old ODS should be allowed to retire (the date of the cut-over is
- Support for Inserts To Datapool - There is support for insert of non ECS data into the datapool.
Detailed File Changes
- Modified to make use of S4PM::parse_url_file().
- Modified to delete XML files associated with data if they
- Modified to convert XML (.xml) files to ODL (.met) files.
- Modified to recognize XML files (.xml) as metadata files.
- New module under S4PM to support XML metadata handling.
Added a command line switch (-a) to skip pattern matching
when examining stub files for duplicate input granules (same
data type and data time). With this switch invoked, all
fields in the stub file are used when checking to see if a
stub file exists. This capability is for use in on-demand
- Modified to recognize XML files as metadata files.
Made fix to get_datatype_if_proxy().
Added parse_url_file() to retrieve the data type, version
and dbID from the contents of a .ur file.
Completely refactored moving in some components which are
not common across all S4PM strings.
Modified to place the Split Services station under the home
directory (like Request Data and Receive DN).
Added support for Datapool Insert station and related
changes in Receive PAN and Export stations (if so configured).
- Replaces the previous granfind.pl.
- Reconfigured to support g0dug03 as a S4PM platform.
Completely refactored so that the only items it contains are
those common to all S4PM strings.
Modified so that the Split Services station is placed under
the home directory and then linked to where the other
stations were (a la Request Data, Receive DN).
- Minor change where it looks for find_data.log files rather
than granfind.log files.