All of the questions listed here are linked directly to the answers on the respective FAQ pages. Just click on the question to access the answer. To go to the full FAQ page, click on the title.
The Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS) section of the GES DISC Web site has a comprehensive FAQ with the following topic areas: General, Documentation, Data Access, AIRS Subsetting, AIRS Imagery, and Science. Click here to access the AIRS FAQ.
General Questions (User Services)
Laboratory for Ocean Color Users (LOCUS)
- Do you have any information regarding the release of TRMM Version 7 data products?
- What are the major changes between TRMM Version 6 and TRMM Version 7?
- I am using the 3-hourly 3B42-V6 rainfall rates from TRMM. How can I convert these 3-hourly rainfall rate (mm/hour) to total daily rainfall (mm/day)?
- What are the values for latitude and longitude in TRMM 3B42 and 3B43 HDF data files?
- Where can I find more information on the TRMM Data Set?
- How can I find out about TRMM-related activities, and the status of the TRMM spacecraft?
- How current are the TRMM data?
- What is the GES DISC/DAAC Search and Order Web Interface?
- Where can I find some documentation describing TRMM and TRMM data?
- Where can I find some information describing the TRMM algorithms?
- I would like to receive all new files generated for a data product, over a given time period, at a specified time interval (e.g., weekly). Can I set up a procedure by which specified data will be sent to me automatically?
- How are the daily products computed from 3B42RT and Version 6 3B42 in TOVAS (the TRMM Online Visualization and Analysis System)?
- What’s the key documentation describing the 3B42RT and Version 6 3B42 products?
- What’s the difference between the real time and research products of the TRMM Multi-satellite Precipitation Analysis (TMPA)?
- What are the caveats in using TRMM Multi-satellite Precipitation Analysis (TMPA) products?
- Can I see some examples of GrADS ctl files for TRMM Level-3 HDF data?
- How do I extract time information from the TRMM 3B42 file name?
- How can I read the TRMM binary files in TOVAS?
- How can I convert mm/hr in TRMM 3B43 to mm/month?
- Is there any software to convert radiance to brightness temperature?
- What are the values for the lats and lons in TRMM 3B42 and 3B43 HDF data files?
- How come there are missing or empty orbital data files?
- For the TRMM 2A25 data product, Is the 80th level located at 250m height, 79th at 500m ...and so on ...?
- For TRMM 3B43, 3B42, it seems there are two datasets (HDF and binary) with different latitude, longitude arrangements. Is this true? Which one should I use?
- Why there is an extra "A" in 3B42 and 3B43 file names after May 2007?
- In the 2A25 TRMM data product, where within the HDF file is the time of the orbit information located?
- How can I import TRMM data in ENVI?
- How can I import TRMM 3B42, 3B43, and 3B42 daily data to ArcGIS?
- Do you have software code that can read TRMM files in Matlab?
- What is the global projection used for Level-3 data?
- For a given location, how can I obtain the nearest grid point from the 3B42 and 3B43 data sets?
- Do you have any spatial subsetting web services?
- Are there any known caveats for the 2A12 and 3A12 data products?
- Are there any known deficiencies for the 3B42 data set?
- Do you have any information and/or examples of using other languages or software to read TRMM HDF-EOS data?
- What is 'relative error' in TRMM 3B42 and 3B43?
- How can I read and view the Merged IR data in the Hurricane Data Analysis Tool (HDAT)?
- I am trying to read TRMM gridded orbital subsets in binary, but am getting some negative numbers for begin date and end date. Also the record length shows negative numbers. Could you help me?
- Where are TRMM Field Campaign data located now?
Do you have more information regarding the difference in geolocation (latitude, longitude) between TRMM Version 6 and 7?
Do you keep a history of TRMM alert messages?
Do you have a land/sea mask for 3B42/43?
How is Storm Height in TRMM 2A23 computed?